Tube & Wire Drawing
Judson Smith Company manufactures non-ferrous Seamless / Welded metal tubing with precision and quality. Our in-house tube drawing capability provides flexibility in custom sizing, cost and lead-time. Tube shapes include round, rectangular, square and others.
Tube drawing is very similar to bar drawing, except the beginning stock is a tube. It is used to decrease the diameter, improve surface finish and improve dimensional accuracy. A mandrel may or may not be used depending on the specific process used. The diameter and wall thickness of tubes that have been produced by extrusion or other processes can be reduced by tube drawing process. The process of tube drawing shown below is similar to wire or rod drawing except that it usually requires a mandrel of the requisite diameter to form the internal hole.
- Materials include: Aluminum , Copper, Brass and Nickel Alloys.
- Cold Drawn Tubing: Seamless / Welded and Drawn
- Custom Shapes: Round, Square, Rectangular and more
- Size Ranges: Random Straight Lengths – OD (.010” – .375”) x Wall (.001” – .050”)
- Size Ranges: Coils – OD (.035” – .375”) x Wall (.005” – .040”)