Over 50 years of experience and our creative approach to problem solving allows the Machining Division to manufacture complex parts while maintaining tight tolerances.
We encourage open communication between our staff and your design engineers through all phases of production, resulting in reduced lead times and minimized costs.
Total confidentiality regarding all aspects of a project is maintained for every Machining Division customer.
Technology, Expertise, Capacity
Judson Smith offers a complete array of machine capabilities, including vertical and horizontal mills, lathes, swiss turn machines, wire EDM and more. Among these capabilities is a fully automated flexible manufacturing system (FMS) enables us to provide long or short run components quickly to meet changing customer supply demands. Above and beyond the equipment, Judson Smith employs a large group of skilled machinists and technical personnel dedicated to providing the highest quality parts on time and at the best value.
More on the FMS
High speed, lights out production means precision and reduced cost for you. Judson Smith’s recent investment brings the latest in horizontal milling technology to the fingertips of our customers. The fully integrated FMS system provides maximum flexibility in tool storage and handling, setup elimination minimizing variation, part measurement with networked data collection, and ease of operation.
Judson Smith is capable of machining stainless steels, titanium, cobalt chrome, aluminum, plastics and more.
Prototype to Production
- One piece to large production runs
- Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS)
- 5 axis CNC Milling
- 2 & 5 axis Turning
- 4 axis Swiss Turning
- Laser CuttingWeldingMarking
- Full CADCAM Capability and Support
- Full Tool-room Capabilities
- Complete Machined Assemblies
- TIG Welding
- UID or Part Serialization
- Finished Parts and Assemblies
- Heat treating, bead blasting, cleaning, vibratory finishing, degreasing, passivation and electro polishing
- Full assembly capabilities
- ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100D Certified
- FDA Registered
- ITAR Compliant
- Validation Expertise
- Programmable Optical Comparator
- Coordinate Measuring Machine
- OGP Smartscope Vision System
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- MIL-I-45208 Inspection System
- ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 Calibration System
- GMP Compliant
- 40,000 Sq. Foot Manufacturing Facility
- 3 Shift Capability
- Single Source Supplier
- Engineering support for manufacturability
- Open communication through all phases of production
- Stocking arrangements for JIT deliveries
- Total Confidentiality
- All inquiries welcome